With the start of Advent also comes a fresh start for the Singing the Faith website.
The new site will go live on the first Sunday in Advent. With a wider scope of resources; a cleaner, more accessible design; and faster, easier-to-use search options, we hope that StF+ will better support the planning of meaningful, creative and inclusive worship.
Some facts about Singing the Faith for you:
- The decision to produce this hymnbook was taken at the Methodist Conference of 2009 and the book was first published in 2011
- Out of the 748 hymns and songs in the collection, 89 were written by Charles Wesley.
- The most represented hymn-writer of the 20th and 21st centuries is John L Bell who has 43 hymns included
- There are three main sections, God’s Eternal Goodness, God’s Redeeming Work and God’s Enduring Purposes, divided into 41 subsections
- It contains 748 hymns, 42 Liturgical Settings and 50 Psalms